Dr. Edmond’s Areas of Clinical Expertise:
- Inpatient and outpatient infectious diseases consultation, including second opinions
- Diagnostic dilemmas and difficult cases
- Bone and joint infections, including prosthetic joint infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Tropical diseases
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Antibiotic-resistant infections (e.g., MRSA)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Infectious diarrhea
- Stool (fecal) transplantation for C. difficile (“C. diff”) infection
- Preparation for international travel
- Outpatient intravenous antibiotic therapy
- HIV PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
Appointments are made by physician referral or patient self-referral.
A copy of pertinent medical records should be faxed (319-353-7043) prior to the visit in order to provide an optimal consultation.
Outpatient Appointment Scheduling:
3rd Floor, Medical Subspecialties Clinic
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA
Patients: Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow adequate time for registration and nursing assessment.
If you are a current patient of Dr. Edmond and need to speak with him, call 319-353-8352 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.